Worksheet: Review Checklist
The Review checklist identifies the range of environmental issues that should be addressed on-farm in horticulture. The checklist covers 20 topics divided into the eight management chapters – soil, water, chemical, nutrient, biodiversity, waste, air, energy & GHG.
To use this checklist, note:
• The checklist can be used to supplement existing audit checklists used by certification bodies or for internal audits carried out by individual businesses.
• As with any generic checklist, you may not consider some items to be relevant and they can be excluded.
• By working through the checklist you will get an idea of your priority areas and you can then read the relevant topic in more detail.
• The checklist is divided into tables covering a range of topics. Select a topic and turn to the matching topic in the main working section of the guidelines and look for the Risk Assessment diagram. By working though the Risk Assessment you can quickly determine if that particular topic of the guidelines is significant for your business.
• If the topic is significant for your business, complete the relevant checklist table and record the answers.
• Read the Suggested Practices for the topic to explore your management options.
Click here to download the Review checklist.